SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salem1772

Combining master bath and laundry room

salem1772
17 years ago

Does anyone have a combined master bath and laundry? Please share pros and cons. My back can't take carrying laundry down steep basement steps any longer. I want to gut my small and ugly master bath along with teeny powder room beside it to create a new space, 9x7'6", where I will put new toilet, tiled shower with glass door, tiled floor, pedestal sink or cabinet sink if space allows, mirrors and lighting, and a stacked front load W/D behind bifold door. Hopefully will have space next to WD for a narrow wire shelf unit for laundry baskets to wait "their turn" and for supplies. I have always folded clothes on my bed, so I won't miss a folding table. I rarely need to iron, but can do that in my bedroom too. Linen closet is in hallway across from bathroom door. I have excellent basement and attic access to rework pipes, exhaust, etc. And, best of all, my husband says we should keep the basement WD and laundry sink for really nasty loads, washing the dog (in the sink!), etc. We will build a new powder room at the end of a deadend hall, and our daughter and overnight guests share her bathroom on second floor. Our house is 1952 brick. Other than noise, the usual caution about washer drainage/burst hose, etc. on the main floor of the home, are there other issues we need to consider? I know the space will be tight, but if we are efficient with space planning, is this a workable idea? There is no room elsewhere on main floor for laundry room unless we spend a lot of money to add on to the house. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting