SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ci_lantro

Jasdip's Slow Cooker Sesame Pork Roast

ci_lantro
12 years ago

Jasdip, I made your Sesame Pork Roast recipe for dinner tonight and it was delicious!! I didn't want to look for my sesame seeds so I subbed toasted sesame oil--about 2 t...for the seeds. The meat was wonderful. Thank you for posting the recipe. (Oh, and I forgot to do the last step--combining cornstarch w/ the juices. Didn't matter because it was delish w/o.)

Here's the recipe along with Jasdip's comments:

We love pork roast made this way in the slow-cooker. Has definite Asian flavours and is so good.

It does call for marinating overnite first, but I'm not 100% sure that it is absolutely necessary.

Slow-Cooker Sesame Pork Roast

1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed

2 cups water

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted

1/4 cup molasses

1/4 cup cider or white vinegar

4 green onions, sliced

2 teaspoons garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

3 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

Cut roast in half; place in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish.

In a bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, molasses, vinegar, onions, garlic powder and cayenne. Pour half over the roast, marinate overnight. Reserve remaining marinade.

Drain pork, discarding marinade. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the reserved marinade. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to low; cook 8-9 hours longer or until meat is tender.

Remove the roast and keep warm. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with the roast.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor