SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Pork loin roast advice

lpinkmountain
13 years ago

BF got two pork loin roasts for me last month, two for the price of one. I wanted to learn how to make it. My first trial one was just OK. I didn't know how long to cook it or at what temperature, so I just did it like I do roast chicken . . . 350 for about 45 minutes, but it wasn't done so I upped the temp. to 375 and cooked it a little longer, maybe 20 min. It was OK, but not all that tender and bland as all get out, although I compensated with a good sauce.

This time I'm wondering if there are any tips any of you could share for me. I'd like to do it in the crockpot, I've had good luck with tough lean beef that way, but I don't know about slapping the whole roast in the crockpot. Also, I'm thinking maybe I should roast it lower and slower if I roast it. I have some tomato jelly that didn't gell I'd like to use as a sauce or marinade. Oh, and if I don't do it in the crockpot I'm thinking I should marinade it, but not sure what to use or for how long. I've searched online but nothing really rung my bell as far as a technique or recipe. HELP!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Threshold Design and Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Design + Build Services in Mecklenburg County, VA