SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tworoosters

Took the plunge with the Bosch Vision

tworoosters
14 years ago

After mulling this site for about a year now (and driving myself a bit crazy at times!), we were forced to make a decision on a new washer, as our old TL died on us last week. We need stackables and a gas dryer. I had been going back & forth between the Bosch, Maytag, & Speed Queen.

I really liked the aspect of the no-frills SQ and its reputation, but have found no place close to us that has a floor model to check out & feel. We're in Northern CA, not far from San Francisco too. Also, one of the dealers mentioned that they don't have a lot of service people, so service might be a little slow if needed. I also couldn't get a straight answer as to whether their free standing FL (like the Imperial) were stackable or not. A couple of dealers said no, and another said yes. There's no contact info to call SQ directly either, so that experience didn't help much.

Like some of the other posters here, I felt some different models, and the Bosch has a good sturdy feel to it. (we'll see about the machine itself!) I would have preferred the Axxis, with the smaller size at 3.4 c.f., but this only comes with an electric dryer. (we would also have had to change the electrical to 220) The Vision series are all 4.4 c.f., which is actually bigger than what I think our family of 4 needs, but Bosch doesn't have anything in between. I'm of the mindset that the more features, the more potential problems later, so this is my main concern... I'll post some follow-ups, but the true test will be how it works 3-5-7 years from now...

Comment (1)