SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlc712_gw

I Survived :)

jlc712
14 years ago

Hello all. I am relieved to say it all went well. I had my surgeries (peroneal tendon repair, ankle arthroscopy, septoplasty, and turbinate reduction) on Thursday.

It was fine to do it all together. The nose stuff really hasn't been bad. I've just been very congested and not able to breathe through my mouth much. I have always had such bad allergies that it's not really anything new. But, when the dr. has cleaned/rinsed out my nose, I can breathe so well!! I think it's going to be fabulous.

My ankle, however, is a little worse than I anticipated. I absolutely hate being on crutches. My hands and underarms are so sore from using them. The good news was that the tendon wasn't torn very badly. The bad news was that the capsule around my ankle bones and tendons was totally shredded. So, I just hope it knits up quickly.

Being helpless to the point of not being able to clear up my own dishes or carry a cup of coffee is so annoying. My DH has been doing his best. He is just not the best at nurturing or anticipating needs. I have to ask and remind him for every little thing. It's not going to take long to drive him crazy :)

My mom has, as usual, been wonderful. She has been babysitting me and my little boy. We were joking today that we just needed to go pick up Grandma (mom's mother) and then she could have us all in one place.

Anyway, that's the update. Thanks again for your advice!

Jen

Comments (9)