SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Pot luck dinners............

caliloo
16 years ago

Sigh............ how I hate them.

What I hate most is that the food is usually terrible. Grey roast beef drowned in canned gravy, over cooked mushy baked ziti with some sort of red sauce, the usual chopped up chicken breasts in canned mushroom soup over noodles. Blech.

Well - I found a recipe that I have taken to a few pot luck dinners (and am doing so again tonight) that actually seems to work well IMHO and is always received well - as long as the pasta is just a moment before "al dente" when you combine everything and leave the house.

I would love if you had other suggestions. I love this stuff, but it has now been to 2 Scout dinners (2 different packs), Swim team dinner and a PTO dinner all in the last 6 weeks. Oh yea - and this doubles, tripes and quadruples well AND it will reheat in the microwave without breaking.

What else do you make that holds up well and has a universal appeal?

Alexa

Smoked Salmon Vodka Cream Sauce

INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon butter

1 tablespoon finely diced onion

¼ - ½ cup diced smoked salmon

2 fluid ounces vodka

½ cup heavy whipping cream

¼ - ½ cup marinara

salt to taste

ground black pepper to taste

1/8 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a large saucepan saute butter and onion. When translucent, add the smoked salmon. When heated through, pull saucepan away from heat source and add the Vodka.

2. When the Vodka has burned off, return the sauce to heat source and mix in the heavy cream. When the cream has come to a boil, add the marinara.

3. Season sauce with salt, pepper and chile pepper. Reduce sauce to desired consistency; serve over 4 oz cooked penne.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living