SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
three_daisies

FL spin cycle not cutting down on drying time...unimpressed!

three_daisies
15 years ago

So I have this new Maytag FL Performance Series 3000...once initial kinks were ironed out, laundry has been going smoothly...pretty much love the new washer and matching dryer.

One thing that supposedly is so great about FL's in general is how dry the clothes are once they're done in the washer. The spin cycles and/or wash method (using less water overall) were supposed to cut down on drying time by leaving less water in the items. Like my old TL, some loads in the FL are less wet than others. Nothing is soaking wet, but I'm just surprised that I just can't tell a real difference b/w the FL and TL which is a disappointment. It's not a deal killer or anything, but it's curious to me. The dryer still takes a long time to dry the clothes (about 50 min), new or not! And I'm fairly sure everything is working correctly in the spin cycle; that washer spins like crazy, it's amazing. At least it's not loud.

It's just mildly annoying to find out that a selling point on these washers really isn't all that in reality.

Comments (13)