SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rlee777

Samsung Silvercare FL initial impressions -- excellent!

rlee777
16 years ago

Finally my TL from Whirlpool is squeaking loudly enough to replace. Wife and I decided to spend a little extra and purchased the Samsung Silvercare WF337/DV337 in beautiful Tango Red with pedestals.

First thing I noticed was how quietly they run. The noisiest part is during the washer fill cycle. Amazing how quiet the high spin cycle works -- the VRT vibration reduction really works. I made sure the washer is perfectly level during installation.

Very easy to navigate menu/dial system. Many options for temp, soil level, spin speed, extra wash/rinse, prewash and a custom "My Cycle". Sanitary cycle, wool and the best part: Silvercare. I was somewhat skeptical about this function, but if it works as Samsung claims, then it would revolutionize cold water washing. I can say that my first two loads with Sears Oxiclean HE came out perfectly clean and absolutely no scent. We have some workout gym clothes that had a persistent sour, mildewy odor even after a full warm wash in our old TL. After one cold water Silvercare wash, no odor at all! Amazing.

Quiet, efficient, and the ability to sanitize with warm and cold water. A great combination, but the price is on the premium side. The dryer is spacious and has a very accurate moisture sensor. I will update this review as we use these more...

Comments (21)