SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaismom_gw

Large capacity FL with sanitary cycle

kaismom
12 years ago

I have 10 yo 240V small Asko that works quite well. I am thinking of keeping it as a second set in the house and replacing the primary set with a larger capacity one. If I get a 4 cf, it will be double what I can do in my tiny Asko!

I been-there and done-that with buying a very expensive W/D set. (I spend 2K plus in 2000 for the Asko set) When I bought the set in 2000, there were no options for W/D that had sanitary (real hot) cycle other than true Euro models. (Asko, Bosch, and Miele)

I am not sure if I want to spend $3-4000 for a larger 120V Miele set. I just don't see the advantage other than the branding and possibly better reliability (and build quality which I am not sure if I even want to pay for). I am not really seeing how it can clean better since the technology it uses is the same. (I maybe wrong.....) However, I am completely sold on the internal heater since I have one and see that it makes a HUGE difference.

Had I bought a cheaper set, I would have had no compuction of replacing sooner. It will be interesting to see what will be out there in 10 years given that the W/D market in 2000 versus 2011 is very different.... I wouldn't mind upgrading in a few years if the products improve greatly!

Miele set will make it difficult for me to upgrade given the initial investment.

What are some good products out there with good 'hot' sanitary cycles? I would like to be able to control the water temperature (more than cold/warm/hot).

Model names and your impression?

Whirlpool Duet (Maytag cousins?)

LG

Samsung

Kenmore

GE seems to have fallen out of the washer race.

I put in a 120V large Bosch in my rental and my tenants are very happy. I am not sure if it even has an internal heater... I hear that Bosch has opted out of W/D market.

Comments (37)