SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cooperbailey

Acccck speaking in front of large group Weds

cooperbailey
14 years ago

I know I am nervous cause I am sitting here procrastinating working on what I will say. I have 10 minutes (why oh why? that's an eternity) I have my talking points. Just need to get them together just a bit. The person called the other day to firm up and said he put me at the top of the agenda (Noooo bury me in the middle or better yet at the end and run out of time pleeaase) Asked what I usually do a powerpoint or talk off of handouts- me airly- oh I think I will keep it simple and just talk.(like I have ever done this before! I wish I had a powerpoint that would be so much easier) No I will have to have those little index cards like in school and have my bullet points and talk off of those hope I don't go blank. Or write it on my hand and read. hmmm teleprompter sounds good to me now.

I keep telling myself it doesn't matter the group size 30 which I have done before or 120 all the same.gulp.

This is just part of my new job. I will get used to it. I will get used to it. Aaacccck. What was I thinking???

Any professional advice? ( speaking that is I already know am nuts!)

Comments (26)