SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerijensunsetz24

Speaking of Gophers -- Again

jerijen
12 years ago

In case I haven't mentioned this -- I really HATE gophers.

The dogs are accustomed to getting a short walk down to the mail boxes, at the other end of the Lane.

Today being Sunday, there was, of course, no mail, but they don't know that, so they got their usual mid-day stroll.

Coming back, as we got right up to the house, I said: "Well, I will be damned -- look at that gopher!"

The gopher in question, a fairly large one, was waddling along the Lane -- almost in the MIDDLE of the Lane -- headed East. The dogs saw it too, and they went NUTS.

They all know what gophers are, and of course, they've killed several of them, so I was all for letting them take it.

Clay refused to do that, and so we had quite a time pulling them away from their potential kill, and stuffing them through the gate. Just as we were doing so, a large pickup truck turned out of a neighboring driveway, and started to roll down the Lane.

With a CRUNCH considerably louder than I anticipated, the truck's right front tire rolled right over the top of Mr. Gopher.

Clay went up with a shovel, scooped up the remains, and put the mess into the trash bin. R.I.P.

One down, several hundred to go.

"Great Green Gobs of Greasy, Grimy Gopher Guts . . . "

Jeri in Gopher-Filled Camarillo, CA

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022