SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2112

What designer group do you fall into.

Gardens vary so much, and a discussion in a previous thread prompted me to start this thread. I see gardens that are clearly an approach that is different than mine; I think I love it!, then ponder, how did they do that, it is the brain at work, what is their thought process, gardening belief???

So, what type of garden designer are you?

1. You see a rose or plant and like it. You feel that all of the colors of nature blend, so you do not scrutinize color matching etc. Your biggest concern is does it fit and is it a proper placement for the plant to thrive. You easily have 7 or more different plants mixed with roses in a planting bed.

2. You plant roses and colors that are harmonious, whatever you plant needs to thrive in its position, but your goal is to create a rhythm or balance among the plantings and the natural setting.

3. You are #2, but you like the drama created by contrasting colors.

4. You must have order. You plant harmonious colors that are in groupings and you tend to stick with roses and two or three perennials that are mixed with roses. There's symmetry but no strong geometric shapes.

5. You like the order found in formal gardens. Boxwood with repetitive planting groups. There's symmetry and strong geometric shapes in your garden.

My garden is not large and thus, I think I am a #4, but will create, and like the drama of contrasting colors like #3, which to me are still harmonious. For example, I could be too anal, boring (I hope not) or lacking the gardening fearlessness to mix a deep contrasting red with lavenders and pinks, but I will add a deep purple and always infuse white. I also seem to have a preference for medium to dark green foliage.

Which one of the above are you? Are you a hybrid or do none of the five match your gardening approach or style? What's the method to your madness... So to speak?

Lynn

This post was edited by desertgarden561 on Mon, Dec 2, 13 at 15:08

Comments (32)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm