SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedgrad

Home from the hospital - again

threedgrad
14 years ago

Well, I just got out of the hospital (Mayo) an hour ago, drove myself first to get gas, then to library to write to you all. Turns out that my routine followup CT scan that I had last Monday said I had a possible appendicitis. I was supposed to watch out for fever, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting. So when I had the nausea and pain and felt like throwing up all Tuesday night, I drove myself to Mayo emergency room at 6am on Wednesday because my surgeons were there. Turns out I did NOT have anything wrong with my appendix but my small intestine had a partial blockage (it had a kink) due to some scar tissue in there. So I was checked in and Wed nite they put a tube up my nose, down my throat to my stomach and started vacuuming out the tons of stuff backed up in my small intestines. That was pretty awful. Having someone shove a tube up your nose is horrid. The nurses themselves say they think this is one of the worst things they have to do to people. Then yesterday the clog broke up and stuff was coming out the normal end also, like 30 trips to the bathroom in 24 hours. No lie. How long was I clogged up I wonder? Who knows? So yesterday afternoon the nose hose came out (I felt like I looked like an anteater) and I was able to have broth and jello for dinner. This morning I had scrambled eggs and a muffin. Remember I had not eaten for almost 3 full days, just an IV. But today I am much better and thinner since I had all that stuff hanging around in my intestines. Yowser!! I now have to talk to my landlord - I cannot pay rent again on time. Does he want me to stay or to go? But I did just get a seasonal job offer and will start this next week. Meanwhile I am waiting on my unemployment to get approved - they owe me for 3 weeks already. But, hey, I am alive. No cancer, no appendicitis. God does work in mysterious ways, does He not?

I still have to figure out what all this means. God must truly have something for me to do. Love to you all!!

Eileen in Phoenix

Comments (14)