SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Just bought another kitchen gadget I didn't need.

caflowerluver
12 years ago

It is the Hamilton Beach Half Pint Ice Cream Maker. But I couldn't resist. I saw it on the Clearance shelf at Target as I walked by and it was only $14.99. Kind of cool because you can make little batches of ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet and any other frozen dessert. The bowls nest inside each other and don't take up much room in the freezer.

Just enough for a few servings, than you can make a different one. I have already made frozen berry vanilla yogurt. It was so good. I cut back on the sugar and DSon didn't even notice. You could also use sugar substitutes instead so control calories. Tonight I am making frozen Cappuccino Gelato for myself and maybe some vanilla with chopped up Heath Toffee Bars for son. I could see how kids would really get into making their own individual flavors.

It comes out soft serve right away but if you leave it in the freezer for a couple of hours, it becomes as hard as "regular" ice cream. They have a bunch of recipes on their website. One of them is just empty a 6 oz. container of yogurt in as is and make it frozen yogurt in 15 minutes. I will have to get one of those wild flavor yogurts and try that. It will take up to 12 oz. in the bowl, so maybe mix a couple together and make my own creation.

Just FYI.

Clare

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamilton Beach Half Pint Ice Cream Maker

Comments (15)