SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

Like I need another gadget (bought a juicer!)

vacuumfreak
16 years ago

Since I don't like to eat vegetables and I know I need the nutrients they provide (and can't swallow pills, so supplements are out of the question), I bought a juicer today! I haven't gotten a new kitchen toy in a while, so it was time. You know how you just get that craving? Well, for now mine is pacified!

Just a 30 dollar Black and Decker centrifugal juicer... I looked at the Champion, but want to see if I will stick with it before investing that much. It's got a two speed motor and seems to work well. I'm sure that people who know anything about juicers will give me the same reaction I give anyone who bought a Dirt Devil vacuum, but that's okay.

I bought a bag of organic spinach, celery, carrots, and apples. I made some carrot and apple juice and it was very tasty. Then I tried to make some celery, cucumber, and spinach juice. I added a carrot and an apple to sweeten it up a little. Well, it looked like the stuff sick people deposit into the toilet and tasted about like you'd expect!

I could use some tips for making the process as easy as possible. Also, if anyone has any good juice recipes, I'd love to see them. What sources of protein should I add to the juice? Are there any recipes in which I can reuse the pulp so it isn't wasted? I think it's possible to do that with soup or some desserts.

I really hope I don't add this to the list of things in the bottom of the pantry that I never use... the George Foreman, waffle iron, ice cream maker, food dehydrator, vacuum sealer, and salad spinner are taking up enough room... I use each of them once every six months! Hoping to use the juicer every day, but we will see how that goes! Cleaning the millions of parts it has is not a fun task, but thankfully they are dishwasher safe.

Thanks for any advice... Alison, if you read this, I would really appreciate any input you can give. I know you juice and make smoothies and try to lead a pretty healthy lifestyle as far as diet is concerned. Thanks!

Comments (9)