SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Catering menu in Austin, Texas

Lars
13 years ago

Kevin and I will be in Austin this Saturday, and our sister will pick us up and also arrange the catering for our family reunion. I think there will only be about 18 people, but I won't be there in time at our parents' house on Sunday in time to help. We spend the night in Austin and then Sunday morning drive to our parents, house, which about an hour from Austin. My sister has suggested Pok-e-Jos BBQ for a caterer but is open to using Central Market. At first I was worried about BBQ because many places in Austin only have Brisket and pork, but Pok-e-Jos has turkey, which I especially like barbecued. (Kevin won't eat beef or pork but will eat turkey and chicken.) They also have cobbler and banana pudding for dessert, but I was thinking it would be better to go to a bakery for dessert. My mother will only have ice cream.

Any thoughts on these places and their menus? I told my sister to definitely get the fried okra, as that is another favorite, and I think it reheats okay, although it must be done in a regular oven - it gets soggy in a MW. There are no times of operation on the web site, but I called and found out that we would be able to pick up as early as 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, even though they do not officially open until 11:00 a.m. My SIL wants us to pick up potato salad and is worried about it going back in transit, but I think it will be okay. I'm wondering why she doesn't make it herself.

Lars

Comments (15)