SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

6 Weeks of Fitness, Week 6/6 (Cycle II)

anele_gw
9 years ago

Our last week in this cycle!

How has everyone been? What is on the agenda for this coming week for you?

I have been upping my exercise time a bit. I am aiming for 20-30 minutes of interval training (cardio and strength) and then an additional 15 minutes of yoga or now ballet for stretching. I thought the yoga was enough, but yesterday I did a lot of stretching a different way (ballet) and I was so tight. Ack! Definitely going to continue!

(Book I was using-- videos are online)

I also was able to finish one of the kettlebell workouts with my 10 lb weight. It was not a problem at all, but the instructor (DVD) specifically said it was meant to do with a challenging weight. So, I am sure others would be harder with a 10 lb for me, but I am going to get a 15 lb one for this workout specifically.

In other news, since I started using 10 lb hand weights vs. the 5 lb, my workouts have become a lot harder which makes them a lot more "fun" (because then they feel effective). I can't do all the reps with certain exercises, but I keep working on it . . .

I'll be doing another cycle after this one, so if you're reading this and thinking about joining in, please do! (And start now if you like, even if your goal is 2 minutes a day. Anything more than 0 counts.)

Here is a link that might be useful: NYC Ballet

Comments (6)