SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

6 Weeks to Fitness: Week #6 FINAL!

anele_gw
9 years ago

I apologize for not being more present in last week's thread-- I will go back and join in soon! Traveling kept me busy, even though we weren't gone for long and didn't go too far! It was fantastic for our family (some good bonding time and I didn't miss laundry and dishes!) but I understand how challenging it can be for those of you who do it frequently. How you fit in exercise on the road when your time isn't your own is not easy and didn't go as I planned. We did go swimming a lot (well, playing in the pool with the kids), so that was something, and we were out all the time walking.

I saw my SIL, who lost a lot of weight through surgery and her own self-discipline. She mentioned to me that everyone told her exercise would help her with energy and feeling better, but she didn't agree. She walks on a treadmill. I suggested she add some sort of weight routine to her workout, and she liked that idea. I think if adds that in, not only will it be good for her physically, but she will start to visually see herself as very strong as her muscles become more apparent. To me, women gaining strength is a beautiful thing!

I understand her dilemma, though . . .she thinks it is HER attitude/body not responding correctly to exercise, but these last several weeks have taught me that exercise works, but it takes time to find the right exercise routine. For me, I love variety, so my combo of interval training, yoga (I have quickly fallen in love with yoga), and ballet has been fantastic. I am expecting my ankle/wrist weights to arrive tomorrow, as well as a new DVD focusing on barre work (some of you mentioned a class you take that uses this).

I can't thank all of you enough for jump-starting this new attitude and behavior for me. I stayed up too late last night but forced myself to get back to my routine instead of sleeping in. I find that I make a split decision every morning when the alarm goes off: just do it (exercise) or go back to sleep. I have been making it a habit not to think too hard and just to do it!

If anyone has thoughts/suggestions about keeping this kind of thread going, let me know. I know there are sites out there dedicated to fitness, so I suppose that is always an option, too.

I am off to read the Week 5 thread . . .hope everyone had a good weekend!

Comments (14)