SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Yet another wedding attire question

neetsiepie
13 years ago

Our nephew is getting married later this month. It's an early evening wedding at her parents farm. The invite didn't give a formal feeling, so I'm leaning toward dress casual.

I bought some black linen slacks and a black/purple/turquoise sleeveless chiffon-y top. I'll wear open toed sandals with a short heel. Not sure about the top right now, tho. Do you think that would be ok? Our summer evenings are balmy, can get cool as the evening wears on.

DH will likely wear a Columbia sport shirt and a pair of khakis...not sure what shoes he should wear. He does not own a pair of shoes that aren't sneakers or sandals. I'd hate to have him spend $ on nice shoes he'll never wear again. I might convince him to buy some more black sneakers...would those be ok?

Honestly, DH and I never dress up. My job is uber-casual, chino pants and a light sweater is as dressy as I get there. We don't go out to 'fancy' places...I can put together a nice outfit, but DH is extremely limited. So what do you think of what I'm considering?

Comments (16)