SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arcy_gw

Yet another Wedding gift query

arcy_gw
6 years ago

msmeow's thread motivated this but I didn't want to get her question off track. We are in the time of life of a lot of family weddings, nieces, nephews etc. All the cousins are young adults, just out of college or finishing up. Old enough to receive individual invitations but also young enough to be included on ours when said relative doesn't have their present NEW address. The gifting suggestions made in the previous thread are TOTALLY out of budget for these young people. With showers and wedding and cost of travel they are lucky to be able to afford to attend at all. Do the "rules" still apply or is there an assumed knowledge of these young peoples' circumstance? I agreed with the poster who balked at the idea that the gift should cover the cost of the hosting of attendees. Attendance, best wishes is the gift but of course one wants to help the young couple get started. I lean toward the gift reflecting my closeness to the couple, vs commiserate with the level of expense of the wedding. BUT in the case of my offspring, gifting cousins is a financial challenge at this time of life.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH