SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steelmagnolia2007

Customer Service Alive & Well @ Wms-Sonoma!

steelmagnolia2007
16 years ago

I finally found time to take my dead KA mixer to W-S this afternoon. No receipt. No box with a bar code on it. Nothing. And you know exactly how far that would have gotten me most places. But they couldn't have been more accommodating.

A salesman spotted me staggering across the parking lot with it and rushed out to carry it in for me. He went to get the manager, and before I even opened my mouth, she said, "Don't worry. We'll get this little problem straightened out for you."

She quickly spotted the problem (something wrong with the shaft the attachments slide onto), then asked if I had any paperwork. Uh-oh, I thought, things will go quickly downhill from here... But, not so. When I said I didn't, she said no problem, and that she could either replace it or issue a store credit for the full purchase price.

I told her my long, sad story about not being as thrilled with it as I'd expected to be and asked if she thought I'd like a Pro better than the Artisan. After much discussion, finally decided to go with the upgrade. As much as it pained me to spend *another* $100, there was no way I'd be happy with the same one I had. Also, she assured me that if I used it and didn't like it any better than the Artisan, it could be returned, no questions asked. Definitely an offer I couldn't refuse!

She headed towards the stockroom to see if they had a red one, and then turned around and came right back, apologizing profusely that she'd failed to even mention that they now offer a Pro 500. Y'all probably know all this, but I didn't. (My eyes sort of glaze over when the subject of mechanical/electrical things comes up. lol) It's the lift-up style, but just a slightly smaller version of the original Pro 600. Best of all, it costs the same as the Artisan, so I wasn't out a penny!

When I left, I thanked the manager profusely for her courtesy and helpfulness. "Oh, that's what I'm here for. We value your business, and we certainly want you to be happy with anything you purchase here." Now that's a customer service policy to admire! Sure hope I love it, cuz I'd feel like a dirty dawg taking this one back!

It's still sitting in the carton on the kitchen floor at the moment. (OMG, that sucker is heavy!) As soon as I get it unpacked and give something a whirl, I'll post an update. In the meantime, kudos to W-S for treating a customer like a customer is supposed to be treated!

sm

Comments (13)