SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pirula_gw

Jura Capresso and William Sonoma

pirula
16 years ago

Hi all:

I don't hang out here much anymore, although I do try to pop in as much as I can. Too busy enjoying the remodel we worked so hard on for 15 months.

Anyway, I thought I'd post our recent experience concerning the two above for your information......

We purchased a Jura Capresso S8 from William Sonoma back in 2004. It was put to some seriously hard use for almost four years, let me tell you and was a great machine. But, I regret to report that it has bitten the dust. And for a $2,000 machine, that's pretty disappointing.

The breakdown was sudden, the water stopped going to the ground beans and instead was spilling into the tray. Since William Sonoma provides a lifetime warranty on the products they sell, and the Jura Capresso warranty was over, we naturally called them.

Great service from WS: They asked us to put the machine in a box and they would have it collected off our front stoop, analyzed, repaired if possible or replaced. A couple of weeks went by and we learned that the machine could not be repaired (sorry, don't have details on what the heck happened to it, DH didn't get them). William Sonoma said it no longer carries the S8 and they weren't willing to replace with the S9, so they issued a full refund of the purchase price, plus tax and shipping to my AMEX. Not bad, not bad.

When we went to William Sonoma the other evening to replace the machine (man alive are we missing our coffee machine, I can't tell you)...they advised that they no longer provide a lifetime warranty on the Jura Capresso machines because over the years they've had too many problems with them. To be fair, according to the representative from WS, most of the problems are easily trouble-shooted, but I guess still too much of a pain for WS. Most of the problems are not/not catastrophic as ours was.

So, we're going with a DeLonghi. Not sure which model yet, but WS does continue to provide their lifetime warranty with them and they recommended them highly. Hopefully we'll be pleased, and in any case, given the good service we received from WS, I'm not too worried.

It's too bad about the Jura Capresso, we really loved that thing.

Happy Holidays,

Ivette

Comments (17)