SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacy3_gw

silver palate stroganoff question...no pearl onions

stacy3
15 years ago

my store has no pearl onions. Should I get jarred ones? Or should I just cut up white onions? what is the best sub?

Thanks for all your help.

Does anyone know Joe's email to ask him about the love berries? Or can you help? Here is the recipe.. I am wondering if I can make the topping beforehand at all. I'd rather not be making it inbetween courses if possible.

"LOVE BERRIES" - gardenguru

Serves 8

Ingredients

3 pints strawberries, cored and halved (largest ones quartered)

1 pint red raspberries

2 Tbs powdered sugar

(or more if berries arenÂt perfectly ripe)

2 ounces heavy whipping cream

4 ounces white chocolate, chopped

8 ounces mascarpone cheese

2 Tbs white dessert wine

Directions

Clean strawberries and remove stem end and bad spots. Wash raspberries and drain. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if needed) and chill overnight.

Over double boiler, combine cream, wine, and chopped white chocolate pieces. Stir occasionally until chocolate pieces are uniformly melted.

Remove from heat and add mascarpone cheese in dollops, stirring well between dollops to smooth consistency. Stir all until blended and soft. Allow to cool a little but not harden.

Cut strawberries in half (or quarters if theyÂre very large) and place them, mixed with the raspberries, into eight dessert glasses/cups, saving 8 small whole strawberries for garnish.

Spoon the cream mixture over the top. Depending on shape/size of glass, do two layers.

Garnish: Top with a whole strawberry (fanned)

Joe

Stacy

Comments (13)