SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
margaritafan

Decorative borders and tile patterns

margaritafan
17 years ago

Hi, I am new to this board and have done a search but can't seem to find what I am looking for. Please forgive me if this has already been addressed.

We are redoing most of our flooring on our main level. When looking at tile I really liked when it was done in 2 or 3 different sizes. Then we looked at a house and they had a decorative border between the kitchen and family room and a matching border around the island. We thought we might like to do this as we will have different flooring in different rooms (office - hardwood, family room - carpet and the entry way, kitchen/dining area - tile) and we thought this might be a good way to transition to the new flooring. At the tile store they suggested a pinwheel pattern with 2 different size tiles for the floor and a border of 3 to 4 rows of 1" tiles between rooms. The colors coordinated really well but I am worried the border will get lost or that it will be too busy. Anybody tried anything like this. I am a "visual" person and just can't picture this... If anybody has any pictures or websites to send me to that might help. Thanks!

Comment