SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Wanna Play? 'If I Won The Huge Lottery, I'd . . .'

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

The multi-state lottery is now up to something like 200 million dollars. If you were the sole winner of it, you'd probably net about half of that . . . but, 100 million dollars is still an obscene amount of money! Do you ever dream about what you'd do if you won something like that? I think we all do and hence, this thread.

THE QUESTION: What would you do if you won, and your take home was 100 million dollars?

THE "GAME" RULES:

* One ~and only one!~ answer per question

* Don't get into exact amounts of money, just ideas

1) What is the first thing you'd do or buy for your home . . . or would you sell it and buy another? If so, where?

2) What is the first thing you'd do or buy for your spouse or SO? I know that many of us have kids, but to keep this game reasonably short, let's not go there now . . . so just your spouse/SO:

3) What the FIRST foreign country you'd plan a trip to . . . and do NOT tell us "around the world!" (LOL) . . . let this be a more specific answer:

4) What first charity would you donate a significant amount of money to, or start one of your own for what cause?

5) What is the FIRST big thing you'd do for YOU?

6) OK, are you still following the rules ;^D ?? I know there would be many other purchases and trips, and we'd all save a big chunk of the money, too, but what ONE other thing would you spend some that money on?

Copy & Paste the above 6 questions and let's hear your answers. It should be fun and very revealing to see how everyone answers.

Lynn

MY ANSWERS:

1) What is the first thing you'd do or buy for your home . . . or would you sell it and buy another? If so, where?

** We wouldn't move, as we love it here in the mountains of New Mexico, but I'd hire a landscape company to finally give us the backyard reno we've been dreaming and planning about, with an outdoor fireplace, a pool and spa, a guest house & game room . . . enclosed by an adobe wall, tall enough to keep out the wild horses, deer, coyote and (hopefully) bears.

2) What is the first thing you'd do or buy for your spouse or SO? I know that many of us have kids, but to keep this game reasonably short, let's not go there now . . . so just your spouse/SO:

** I'd take him, his 3 long-time golf cronies and their wives on a golfing trip to St. Andrews in Scotland. My DH would be over the moon with a trip like that!

3) What the FIRST foreign country you'd plan a trip to . . . and do NOT tell us "around the world!" . . . let this be a more specific answer:

** Italy, I'd love to see and eat my way through the entire country!

4) What first charity would you donate a significant amount of money to or start one of your own for what cause?

** I'd start my own that would help out retirees that are hurting and in need, with free medical care (DH is a family practice doc and this is part of our retirement dream someday), as well as making sure they have enough food, meds, $ for electricity, transportation, etc. No person who has gotten that far in life should ever have to worry about those kinds of things, IMHO.

5) What is the FIRST big thing you'd do for YOU?

** Buy a totally renovated pick-up truck from the 50's, with wood side rails and painted a soft turquoise or green (ahhhhh . . . my dream car!)

6) OK, are you still following the rules ;^D ?? I know there would be many other purchases and trips, and we'd all save a big chunk of the money, too, but what ONE other thing would you spend some of that money on?

** I'd buy enough land on Lake Huron in Michigan near Lexington, and build a large compound with a cottage for each of my sisters and brothers families, for us, and one for my parents.

OK, your turn!

Comments (28)