SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greekshambo

Plea to forum members dealing with lower sodium cooking...

shambo
16 years ago

Could we begin sharing information? My husband has been on a low sodium diet since he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure & high blood pressure two years ago. I'd love to pick the brains of other forum members who are dealing with similar restrictions. I'm already keeping track of recipes that I've successfully adapted to lower sodium requirements. And I'm keeping a list of all the off-the-shelf products that work successfully with a lower sodium diet.

I'm also trying to keep track of the successes and failures I've encountered along the way. In fact, I started a blog last week just to keep a record of my low salt cooking adventures. As you've probably discovered, some dishes are easy to adapt. Others taste so flat without a lot of added salt that they're almost not worth trying to make any longer. Like you, I've developed a whole bag of tricks. But you might have tricks & hints that I've overlooked.

I've studied many low salt cooking websites. Some of the recipes are definitely not very low in sodium content, and others are just far too bland & flavorless. I'd really like input from creative cooks who are dealing with this limitation on a day-to-day basis. Could we share recipes, techniques, products, etc.? It sure would be an encouragement to me. Thanks!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH