SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Fried Cabbage, Reprise!

claire_de_luna
13 years ago

Thanks to all of you for educating me about Fried Cabbage. To Barb Roselover for bringing the subject to my attention; to Steve (skeip) for sharing your hot wok, stirfry technique; to Ruthanna for that great picture which inspired me to try something different, and Annie for her description of cabbage with cheese sauce. I also have Sharon's (Chase) recipe in my file to try soon with the red cabbage, and Lindac's with a little heavy cream.

I spent some time a couple of weeks ago tracking down a pot lid the right size for my Bierocks (at my favorite thrift store) so I'd have a dough cutter to make the process easier. I decided to try frying the cabbage this time, using Steve's technique, with Ruthanna's picture as my guide. I used two thirds of the cabbage for my usual recipe, and decided to fry the rest with a little bacon grease and onions. Awesome! I turned the Bacon Flavored Fried Cabbage into appetizer sized buns using a biscuit cutter, and think we now have a new favorite. Thank You! I had no idea how much I'd love this! The Cooking Forum is a winner for inspiring experimentation, once again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Fried Cabbage Discussion...

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio