SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
capcapia_gw

Need ideas to cover very large area of hardwood flooring

capcapia
14 years ago

We bought a newly built house about 2 years ago and the upstairs is the living area/great room which is all hickory hardwood flooring. Downstairs is a family room and bedrooms. The hardwood is just beautiful but it's overwhelming to me and much too noisy. I currently have two matching area rugs -- one in front of fireplace with furniture around it and another underneath the table and chairs. The distance between the two rugs is about 3' -- meaning there is 3' of wood inbetween them. The upstairs is the kitchen, dining area and living area all in one room about 18' x 34'.

What I'd like to do is get an area rug or carpeting to go over the entire area but still leave about 2' of wood on the edges. I would need to find a rug or have one custom made about 14' x 22' -- with finished edges as it won't go wall to wall.

Has anybody ever encountered something like this? I have searched for solutions but can't seem to find anything other than what I have in mind. I have even considered carpet squares but they don't have finished edges...

Any help or suggestions appreciated!

Comment (1)