SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Been to Paris lately?

Sueb20
14 years ago

DH and I are going to Paris in May for our 20th anniversary... our first time having a week without kids in 18 years! I told DH the one thing I wanted (well, besides just being in Paris) was to have dinner on our anniversary in the Eiffel Tower. So he made a reservation at the Jules Verne restaurant there. Without looking at the menu. Ummm... I just looked at the menu online and it would cost us many, many hundreds of euros to eat there! So, okay, never mind. Does anyone have recommendations for a special restaurant in Paris that won't cost us $1000 for dinner?? We tend to go casual with meals both at home and when traveling (well, mostly because we travel with 3 kids) but I'm thinking this one night, we'll go somewhere a bit fancy. Also, I am not a very adventurous eater, so the menu should include some basic, recognizable food!

Any other recommendations for non-fancy restaurants in Paris would also be welcome. We have been there once before, but w/ kids, so that time we ate anywhere that happened to have pasta or croque monseuir (sp?) on the menu!

I am poring through the books, but recommendations from actual people would be great too. I am getting really excited about this trip!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz