SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinam61

Time for another "what are you thankful for" thread . . .

tinam61
11 years ago

I've just come from a nice long lunch with my mom's "lunch bunch". These gals knew each other from high school - some from elementary school. Over the years they've had at least a monthly get together. During my mom's illness and death, I saw first hand what true friendship is. Two of these ladies sat with us all day long the day my mom passed away. They helped my sister and I out so much by offering to spend time with her, etc. It would make you smile - or cry - they way they loved on each other. They truly DO love each other. The two I mentioned only left her side that day because another of their group had passed away two days earlier. They left to go to her service. Mom passed shortly after they left. A few months later the group invited me and the other lady's daughter (who I did not know) to join them. We have continued to join them as often as we can. They are a wonderful bunch and it just really puts me in a good mood to spend time with these ladies. I know it would make my mom happy!! So today, I am thankful for this wonderful bunch of ladies - two especially who "mother" me in my mom's absence.

I'm also thankful for this glorious weather!!! I LOVE SPRING! Our bradford pears are blooming, daffodils, forsythia and yesterday I saw one of my favorites - quince! My candy tuft is in full bloom. Later this week I hope to get plants and pussy willow branches to put in my big porch planter.

Who's next???

Comments (17)