SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acdesignsky

Another San Francisco tourist thread

acdesignsky
10 years ago

I did go back and read the other 2 threads about visiting SF, but I was hoping for some more info. DH and I are taking DD15 and DD16 for 4 days right before Xmas. Not including travel we'll have 3 full days. It was a last second decision and we girls are never been anywhere in Cali. DH travels all over the country all the time for work, so for him, this trip is really for the ladies!
I read about the Muni pass. Is that still recommended? We're staying in Union Station. Parking alone would be 60 a day in the hotel. I thought we'd take an official tour, but not sure if it's the best use of time and resources.
Anyway, we have Muir Woods, the Golden Gate, the girls want to see where "full house" was filmed, which means the Cool Victorians on the Hill, Lombard St., Alcatraz, shopping in the Haight district. No interest in wine country.
DD16 is active in the LGBT community in our small city, but finding age appropriate attractions is proving difficult. She also loves thrift shops, dusty old store bookstores, vinyl shops, really anything fun and funky. Any neighborhoods we should visit for her?
DD15 is more traditional, Etsy/Pinterest type. She loves shopping at cool boutiques. Loves Pop Japanese culture and finding the hottest new thing. She is a vegetarian who hates vegetables, so restaurant/food truck/cafe ideas are appreciated.
The trip is already a splurge, so we're trying to make budget friendly decisions, but this is one of the last trips we'll take before DD16 stars college in Fall 2015 and DD15 is right behind here. We're a hardy bunch so we can cram in all it. Please help plan our trip.
Also how is the weather this time of year? Can I get away with North Face fleece and maybe gloves. I know comfortable walking shoes are a must. Is it rainy/damp?
Thanks so much!

Comments (15)