SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huskyrider_gw

Any ideas welcome, a little long

huskyrider
18 years ago

I didn't have any luck in this forums search.

I recently acquired 2 50" Pioneer plasma monitors. I was told that they were from an airport and are outdoor rated.

What I want to do is mount one out in my gazebo and the other under my covered porch off the back of my house. They'll be under roof and protected only from the direct rain.

The problems I'm having is that there is no cable receptacle on the back of these. All they offer is BNC style, S-video, and D-sub computer receptacles for video. It looks like RCA jacks for audio. They do offer in and out on each input.

I'm going to have to run some wiring from either behind my cable box in the family room or perhaps having to tee off the side of the house and get a new cable box to go in the summer kitchen cabinet in the gazebo. Our cable companies boxes don't have S-video, but the surround sound box in my family room does. I haven't had any luck finding very long S-video cables for coming from the house so I may have to get another surround sound box for the kitchen cabinet.

I want both TV's to play the same thing when they're on so if we're watching a ball game I can see the back porch TV from the pool and the gazebo TV if we're in there eating, drinking, or cooking.

My questions are what would be my best bet for handling this. Do they make between series adapters that can convert S-video to either BNC or RS-232 style fittings?

Or would I be best served just searching the phone book and finding an expert to do the installation for me? I'm a construction contractor and am very hands on, but my wife and eleven year old daughter know a whole bunch more than I do about the electronics management of cable TV, DVD player, and surround sound than I do!!! LOL

She says my best bet is to purchase some larger cheap portable TV's from Wally world and place them outdoors and utilizing the plasmas inside the house and it'll simplify our installation tremendously. My problem is that I want big screens outside. We've got a big pool area and I want to see whats going on without having to walk closer to the TV screens.

I'm sorry about writing a book here!!!

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys and girls may be able to offer me here.

I'm open to all suggestions, even those that deviate from my objectives!!!

Oh yeah and one more thing,

GO ASTRO'S

2 down and 2 to go!!!

See Ya,

Kelly

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County