SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20095016

Comcast and DVR rip off. Why is this legal?

User
12 years ago

I posted a previous message about buying a flat screen television because of possible DVR incompatibility w/my old set.

Some of you scolded me and you were right. I signed up for DVR 9 days ago and they have replaced the 3rd box today and the record featre doesn't work but for the first few minutes and it records less than half a show. I have had 4 days of using it.

Read online several pages of reviews that the boxes have known problems and Comcast takes them back from the customer and "refurbishes" it. Everyone is furious of course. No one is rich enough to take them to court I suspect. They almost ruined my computer too.

Today the tech came and replaced it again and it lasted less than 12 hours. Comcast is still selling the service even though they know the customers are buying a service that has no known patch. There appears to be no recourse except to stop the service and go back to my VCR which comcast has limited its use. and Oh, btw my pip is no longer able to work with the DVR box. Why would they do that to the techs, customer service and least of all to them, the customers? They are all we have right now.

Who runs a bigger scam than Comcast?

Comments (12)