SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pellicanss_gw

Currently have DirecTV and AOL (Dial-up) - need upgrade advice

18 years ago

We have had DirecTV for 5 or 6 years now and love it. We moved to DirecTV because we were so fed up with the lack of service we were receiving from our local cable company.

We have also had AOL (dial-up) for several years. We have been looking to join the 21st century and move to a broadband connection. We are unable to get DSL locally. So, we have two options for upgrading our internet connection - Satelite internet or Cable internet (RoadRunner). Right now, I am leaning towards the cable internet as it is a good $20/month cheaper than satellite internet, faster, and does not have any installation costs.

However, when I spoke with Time Warner, I asked for a package price for Internet (cable), TV (3 TVs including one with DVR), and digital phone. It turns out that it would be cheaper (over $20/month) to convert all of my services to TimeWarner instead of just converting my internet as I originally intended.

I'm torn on this. I still really dislike Time Warner and really like the services offerred by DirecTV. However, I am trying to look at this practically. From what I have read, TimeWarner has improved their channel offerings and pricing over the last few years.

Has anyone had to make a similar decision? If so what did you decide, and why?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery