SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casi_gw

how do i hook up my dvd recorder to my tv

casi
12 years ago

I am just not wired to understand this electronic stuff. I live in a very rural area and I don't have any young people close by to help me hook up my DVD recorder. I have a 3 or 4 yr old Samsung LCD television and a Tobisha DVD video recorder. I also have Dish network with DVR. My step son hooked it up originally and I was able to record my shows off the DVR and also from the VCR unit but I had to unhook the 3 wires from the back of the recorder and attach 3 different wires. The last time I tried to do it I couldn't get it to work so he came and completely re-did it and now I can't get it to work at all. I can't understand the hook up directions that came with the TV or the DVD recorder! I have hardly used my recorder and it is almost 4 yrs. old now. CAn someone explain to me? The recorder "Quick Guide" shows "Connection to a Cable/Satellite Box" diagram and then it also shows a diagram for HDMI connection. Which one should I use. What is HDMI? I would love to be able to understand this stuff so I could do it myself.

Comments (5)