SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

DD's surgery...

User
12 years ago

All is well. She went in this AM . The Dr was more than happy to answer questions and to have me stay. I told her I am an RN and she was very receptive to all queries. She is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and also teaches at Emory U in Atlanta. I was very impressed.

The cancer was basal cell and took 2 tries to get it all and have perfectly clear margins. It was the MOHS procedure. It was .7 X .9 cm so about a 1/4 " circle. It was down to the fatty layer of tissue in depth. It took quite a few stitches to close but all are dissolving so no return . Will take one year for the scar to stop being red due to DD's fair skin color. The surgeon will perform any f/u to make it as "pretty " as possible.

DD did great and was very stoic at the initial injection to numb the area....I am sure it hurt like the devil. All else was painless . She will keep it dressed per inst. for a week. She is staying home from work till Monday at her bosses insistence...she has fabulous folks at her company.

I just wanted to f/u and let everyone know that she will be fine. I thank you all for your great support and info when I first posted. c

Comments (28)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH