SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Cancerous 'Mole' Found Thanks to Trailrunner

lynninnewmexico
12 years ago

I just wanted to say thank you, Trail. Your thread regarding your DD's surgery for skin cancer was the impetus I needed to go get a few of my own moles, etc., checked out. All came back ok except for one that was actually a squamous cell carcinoma!!! I was blown away because it didn't look like a cancer to me. But, it was successfully excised and the biopsy came back with all clean margins . . . thank goodness! Nothing more to be done about that, but you can be sure that I will be keeping a better eye on my skin in the future!

As someone who grew up on the water, I used baby oil & iodine while sun bathing to get a "better", darker, quicker tan throughout my teens and twenties. Thank goodness that DH talked me out of that bad habit when we met 30 years ago! I've been using a good 30-70SPF sunblock ever since, but those early years are now catching up to me, it seems. I did enough skin damage back then to now have to watch out of skin cancers for the rest of my life.

Thank goodness for modern medicine and thank goodness that you posted your thread, inspiring me to get checked out before the squamous cell cancer could spread! Here's hoping that I'm not the only one who benefits from it.

Many thanks!

Lynn

Comments (15)