Pioneer Woman Cookbook $11.50 @ Amazon
16 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (11)
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
Related Discussions
What is the best recently released cookbook?
Comments (8)Hi Alexa, Have you checked out projectfoodie.com. It is a fantastic website that tries to balance the abundance of recipes on the web and the fact that people aren't buying or relying on cookbooks, cooking mags, etc. I love it...and it features recipes from many, many magazines and cookbooks.. current cookbooks. I know you are interested in cookbooks, not mags. At least check it out.. I feel it has lots to offer. Sea Here is a link that might be useful: cookbooks and more cookbooks...See MorePioneer Woman Recipe Book on sale
Comments (5)I pre-ordered 2. One for myself and one for DD. Gave DD one for Christmas and she gave me one. I immediately (before I opened it) re-gifted it to her MIL. DH fixed her lasagne last week and it was the best I have ever had! He did make 2 changes. He didn't have any sausage so he left it out and recipe called for cottage and he had ricotta. I have used several of her recipes from the website and have never been disappointed. I just love her. Linda...See Morewhich pioneer woman book is the first?
Comments (10)I have no idea what book you are referring to, if it is the Pioneer Woman who has the blog or a series about a Pioneer Woman with an author, but usually you can go to Amazon and tell by the publishing dates. If it is the one with the blog its The Pioneer Woman Cooks published in 2009 that my granddaughter stood in line for several hours to purchase and have autographed to give to me for Christmas. Incidentally, I also have one which is very good called Women's Diaries of the Westward Journey, covering 1851 to 1867, by Lillian Schlissel published in 1982, with a lot of pictures, which surprised me....See More'No One Wants Cookbooks Anymore'.....Really?!!
Comments (47)The internet is a wonderful tool for a cook. I use it frequently, much the same way as I use cookbooks, for ideas mostly. I get itchy just following a recipe, though I will if it is a dish I've never tasted or one using ingredients I'm totally unfamiliar with. I prefer my cookbooks, because I can take them into any room of the house, including the kitchen, without having to print out recipes. Plus, you get to know a cookbook. You know which ones mesh with your cooking style and your taste. You get to know which ones you can trust too. However, sometimes I want a recipe I don't have in any book, or one I know I have but I can't remember in which...I have lots of cookbooks! Or, I get on a roll with something and want more recipes for it than I have. I do this when I'm teaching myself unfamiliar dishes from other cuisines. I want to capture the essence of a dish, and learn to just make it, the way I just make the American foods I grew up with. So I will cook the same dish many times using many different recipes, and eventually I end up feeling comfortable just winging it. For a kid going away to college, I have to agree, they probably won't be bothering too much about cooking. For one, if they're living in dorms, their ability to cook is generally pretty limited. If they live off campus, sharing an apartment or house with friends, they may cook sometimes for parties etc, but most will not break out the cookbook to cook an omelet for breakfast, they'll just grab something out of the microwave or eat a slice of last night's pizza. But, on the occasion they DO decide to cook, a tried and true, basic cookbook (my pic is Fannie Farmer's) with simple, easy to follow recipes is something they'll likely use from time to time and then keep for the rest of their life. I still use my FF, when I can't remember how many minutes to cook this or that at what temperature or want to refresh my memory about some basic dish I don't often make...like meatloaf. I don't make it often, and when I do I'll check on the proportions of meat, bread & egg, as well as oven temp & cooking time. What the heck temp need I cook this meat to? How long for a baked potato? Things like that. Anyhow, maybe buying the kid a cookbook might just start something, who knows?...See More- 16 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

GARDENING FOR BIRDSWild Birds Transform a Woman’s Garden and Life
How Sharon Sorenson created a wildlife haven and became the Bird Lady of Southern Indiana
Full Story
TRAVEL BY DESIGNTravel Guide: Seattle for Design Lovers
Pioneers of the past and high-tech titans of the present make for an eclectic mix of architecture, museums, hotels and eateries
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHouzz Call: What’s Cooking in Your Kitchen?
Most of us turn to recipes, videos and culinary shows when we cook. Where do you set your cookbook, tablet or TV screen?
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN11 Great Alternatives to Glass-Front Cabinets
You may just break up with glass when you see these equally decorative but less fragile cabinet options
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHemp, Hemp, Hooray! This Superplant May Be Legal Again in the USA
Hemp products are durable, sustainable, antibacterial and much more. Will the plant finally get the status it’s due in the States?
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHouzz Tour: Layered Look Adds a Fresh Sense of Style
Midcentury art, pottery and a mix of furnishings bring a hip edge to a traditional Los Angeles home
Full Story
SMALL HOMESHouzz Tour: Rolling With Simplicity in a Tiny House on Wheels
Just 240 square feet, this California home encourages efficient living — but there’s still room for yoga
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: Put Your Records On
It’s cool to just relax on a recliner, delving deeply into tunes? Now that’s music to our ears
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: Where (and What) Are You Reading This Summer?
Whether you favor contemporary, classic or beach reads, do the long and lazy days of summer bring out the lit lover in you?
Full Story
foodonastump