SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Forgiveness-WWYD?

neetsiepie
13 years ago

Jen's thread about forgiving & forgetting has hit home tonight. A few months ago DH's favorite cousin & I had a public falling out. She made some really nasty comments about me, then cut off contact, yet continues to make snide comments about me thinking I don't know about it.

Well, I just walked away from the whole debacle and told DH that I don't need small minded, bitter people in my life and if she can poison his family into hating me too, well, it's their loss. Fortunately, most that know me don't buy into her blabber, so it was very easy to closer her out of my life.

Well, tonight we found out that she may have leukemia...she's just had some surgery and a biopsy and we'll learn more later. Despite what she's said about me, I'm not a cold, heartless person...so I've reached out to other family (her mother refuses to speak to me, her father will do it only because of DH) to send my best wishes for speedy recovery. Now, it seems that some of the family, who don't know me personally, are ganging up and starting up with the whole garbage that led to the falling out in the first place (has to do with my POV on religion & politics being diametrically opposed to theirs).

Should I continue to pass on my concerns and offers of help, or should I just stay out of it and let the wagons circle, to include DH but not me? Even tho DH shares the same convictions I do, they don't shut him out, probably because he's never stood up to them.

So, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Comments (13)