SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

WWYD regarding theft? (Long read)

Jasdip
last year
last modified: last year

I can be a little more detailed in this query vs the other about nabbing free items and re-selling them.

Friend has cameras in her apt to catch her landlord possibly coming in and out while she's at work. He's done it in the past.

She doesn't feel comfortable having her place unattended overnight or during the day while she works (casual worker). I stayed overnight a number of times but I don't want to do it anymore

I found a person who is in a professional capacity, PSW (Personal Support Worker). They tend to people who are disabled, seniors, recovering from surgery, changing bandages etc. They help with dressing and bathing if needed and mobility.....getting in and out of bed, wheelchair, etc.

She's a co-worker of a friend. I trust my friend implicitly who suggested her.

When N first spoke to M why she wanted her to stay and that she'd pay her, she was all for it. She told her she has cameras set up as well.

The other day M was quite concerned about the cameras wondering where they are, what they can see, if they have audio etc etc. They can't see her sleeping on the couch, can't see the full bedroom etc, M doesn't need to be in the bedroom anyway. But she was very concerned. M said that her other people she looks after has cameras as well, and wonders why so many people have cameras.

N found meat missing out of her freezer and things moved around.

I told her to re-arranger her freezer and take inventory exactly what she has. She took pictures of her closets, the frig and freezer, cupboards etc.

Yesterday she found a couple of items missing, plaque that she had hidden in her closet and more food.

What if anything, can be said to her to let her know that this hasn't gone unnoticed, but no proof video, etc. Her cameras take 30 second snapshots if you walk in front of it, but N can't stay glued to her phone to try and watch a lot of video to see her take it.

She's afraid of confronting her and then her not come and stay anymore, and I'm afraid of who else she's stealing from. She wants someone to stay so that she's able to go to work.

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor