SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01_gw

another plea for help

daisychain01
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I mentioned in another thread that a close friend of our 13 year old dd is in desperate need of a bone marrow transplant. She is a rare type and they are having trouble finding a donor.

We just heard word today that they still haven't found a donor. She has started the chemo and it is imperative that they find a donor very soon.

The chances of finding a donor are something like one in ten thousand, so they have sent out a plea for friends and family to contact everyone they know and ask them to be tested. I figure that this is a huge community of participators and lurkers and that maybe we can increase her chances of finding a match. It is a simple process - fill in a form online, they send you some swabs, you swab your cheek and send it back in the envelope they provide.

I know not everyone may be comfortable doing this for a stranger, but I'm sending this out in hopes that enough of you will be tested and help her find a match and if not her, someone else may benefit.

Thank you so much. Please feel free to pass on the information to anyone you may know that would be willing to be tested.

Here is a link that might be useful: join the registry

Comments (30)