SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scwren_gw

The color of a melted Hershey kiss

scwren
16 years ago

This forum has been so, so helpful to me in my house-building process. Here's yet another plea for help!

I found the yummiest shade of brown.

BM Davenport tan.

I'm considering painting my whole great room/entry/dining room this color but am concerned b/c it really is a dark color. What do you think?(Excuse the construction mess)

Here's a pic of the color. It's the big swatch of brown(not the lighter tans)

Here's the room. This is the front of the room, the entrance.

This is the back of the room, what you see when you walk in the front door.

current=Img_1305.jpg" target="_blank">

The things I have to coordinate with are: the floor color, which will be natural white oak.

THe trim will be all painted white. The fireplace will have a dry stack stone fireplace w/ an oak mantle and white bookcases on either side. The ceilings are painted white.

Do you think I can pull off a dark color in this space? DO you have any other color suggestions for me? Pizzaz? I'm not scared of color...at least I don't think so. I started out looking at SW Ivorie, but it was too bland. Plus too yellow to go well with the floor. I've tried SW Dormer brown and SW Mexican sand, but they just look like a yucky tan. Any other suggestions? I'm starting from scratch on this room. I don't have furniture for it yet. It gets lots of natural filtered light, it's a southernish exposure. It's not going to be a formal room, but a comfortable family-filled room...

Comments (31)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler