SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cimbronemamma

Another Plea for Help with my sad Kitchen Lighting plan

cimbronemamma
16 years ago

I've been trying to research lighting plans for weeks now and I feel like I am getting no where. I don't like to ask for help when I haven't really been able to pull anything decent together myself, but I'm so tired and overwhelmed that I thought I should just try. I feel like the more I read, the more I realize I don't know what the heck I'm doing! So here goes:

{{!gwi}}

Ceiling - 8ft

Cabinets - Off White

Countertops - Something light, possibly marble

Floors - Oak Hardwood (Light)

Microwave - Over the stove

Bottom left corner - There are two doors there. One to the basement and one to a small sun room. We don't get a lot of light in the kitchen from the sun room.

On the other side of the penisula is the dining room. There are two windows in there and a flos pendant light. The dining room gets pretty good light, but the kitchen does not.

I think I would like Xenon Strips for the undercabinet lighting. And I would also like some recessed lights. I think I would like to put a large drum pendant in the middle of the kitchen (is this a bad idea?) or over the sink. Because the penisula is so close to the dining room and it's pendanet light, I don't want to put anything hanging down over the penisula.

ANY help would be much appreciated. I have also looked around for online lighting designers, but from what I can tell they cost $1000s. If anyone knows of an affordable one that I can submit my kitchen plan to, I'd appreciate it. Or even a lighting store. I did e-mail Light Universe and hope to hear back from the tomorrow.

You can also view the original PDF before I "colored" on it at:

Kitchen Layout - Adobe Acrobat File

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may have.

P.S. I know my kitchen plan is kind of a mess. Unfortunately, I discovered this wonderful resource after I already ordered my cabinets. Long story...

Comments (5)