SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rushmom3

Help with Garage Entry/Mudroom

rushmom3
14 years ago

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts whether it would be possible to rearrange the garage entry. I currently live in a home where you walk through the laundry room before entering the kitchen. What I love about it is all the shoes, coats, school bags can be hidden by simply shutting the laundry room door. What I really don't like about it is, you literally have all your dirty shoes right at the washer and dryer. Clothes fall on them when you try to do laundry and tennis shoes get lost under dirty piles of clothes, etc., etc.

With this plan, I originally thought we'd dedicate the outer walls of the laundry room and powder room to coat hooks and shoe racks. Kind of a locker system except outdoors. I want to avoid shoes blocking that hallway into the kitchen. We are building in a rural area and I will have 4 dirty kids running in and out. The problem with this is that we are in the midwest and it will be cold during the winter. I would LOVE to hear from any of you that have dealt with this layout or have any suggestions if it could be rearranged without changing the floor plan too much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Floor plan

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!