SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Anybody feel like a taxi driver?

2ajsmama
14 years ago

Just whining - anybody out there feel like they're in the car all day? I didn't think it would be this bad this soon, I only have 2 kids and they're not even teenagers yet!

Yesterday - got the AM to myself,cleaned the bathrooms, ran to Antique Row (Main St) in nearby town to look for something that could serve as entertainment center. Most stores closed Mondays or open at noon (?) so only spent an hour out. DD came home (bus was late!) at 12:25, grabbed a snack quick before I had to run her to dance class (11.5 miles away, back roads) at 1pm. Came home at 2:30 (1 hr class), finished washing dishes, started making meatballs but realized DS had math club after school - phone rang "Emergency Message from SChool" (just scheduling another H1N1 clinic) as I was running out the door at 4:15 to pick him up (also about 10-11 miles from home). Got home, made pasta, threw the rest of the meatballs in slowcooker after serving everyone else (should have used large slowcooker), gobbled my dinner, unloaded DW, put dirty dishes in, leftover pasta away, ran DD to Girl Scouts (11 miles) LATE for 6pm meeting. Came home, asked DH to put her to bed while I shut off slowcooker (htank goodness on low), put meatballs in fridge.

Today - sent kids to school, went to Y to work out at 9am, ran back, showered, got DD off bus at noonish, went to grocery store, came home 2pm, started 2 loads of laundry, now have to fold one, throw the other in, then go pick up DS (may be a little after 4:30 today since it's competition not practice), come home, start dinner, more laundry, eat dinner, at least DH will take him to Scouts tonight (7pm).

I just filled the tank on Sat, of course we made 2 trips to GW on Sunday but I'm already down to 1/4 tank - will have to fill up again tonight! When I left for the Y this AM I already had put 190 miles on since Sat (guess we shouldn't have driven that vehicle out to dinner for just 2 of us). Most of it on these 22-mile roundtrips and trips up and down the 800ft driveway to bring/pick up DD from bus in below-freezing weather.

Comments (14)