SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trancegemini_wa

My Father had a bad fall update

trancegemini_wa
12 years ago

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone remembers but I posted about my dad who fell off a ladder a week before xmas and had a brain bleed but I thought I'd post an update.

Dad spent 3 weeks in hospital, the first week he mostly slept and just waking him up and getting him to eat a bit of food was difficult. By the second week he was much more awake but a lot of what he was saying was garbled words, almost like he was speaking another language, although I think he thought everything was coming out properly. By the third week he was speaking a lot better and eating well again. There was no further bleeding and so he was transferred to a rehab hospital where he has been for the last week and a half.

He still has a lot of trouble remembering names, and also what things are called, even just remembering that a cup is called a cup is difficult, which frustrates him a bit, and he also has trouble staying focused. They do work with him everyday on his memory and balance, and teaching him how to do basic things like showering etc. It's been a bumpy ride for sure. We don't know how much he will eventually improve over time but he has a long way to go.

Thanks so much for the support back then, and I hope everyone stays safe with your decorating and renovations this year :)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!