SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stcy

Pros/Cons of AG vs DF Wolf in my configuration

ott2
11 years ago

I'm looking to tip the scales in deciding between a Wolf 36" AG or Wolf 36" DF range w/ griddle.

In our new build, the ovens I already know I will have are:

- Wolf convection/steam oven

- Wolf electric "E" series wall oven

- warming drawer

I don't bake a lot of breads, but it is something I would like to do much more of in the future. Occasional pizzas, quiches, sweets....

I do roast vegetables and meats.

I expect that the oven on the range will be mostly for overflow, or for when the attributes of the range oven are better suited for a task than would be the other two ovens. For example, if I wanted to have the ventilation involved?

I will use the broiler.

I will use the burners a lot. Good simmer capability. Not a talented WOKer yet, but like with baking bread, I hope to learn.

I understand the price difference.

I understand the difference between open burners and sealed burners, and it seems to me (?) that the Wolf AG burners are somewhere between the benefits of the open burners like on the Bluestar/Capital ranges and the sealed burners on the Wolf DF. Is the flame pattern on the Wolf AG significantly better than on the DF? All the burners on the AG are the same? But the DF has burners with differing BTUs? Both AG and DF burners simmer well?

When I compare the AG and DF, I'm not sure how much these differences matter:

The broiler is different. Is the AG going to be a much better broiler?

AG has double paned window, DF has triple. Maybe a dumb question, but is this a difference that should matter to me?

It looks like AG has single convection, DF has double? Is this hugely significant in the effectiveness of the oven?

Silly, but I like the knobs better on AG, and the grates better on the DF!

I see other features that DF has that I don't *think* are decision-makers for me in my configuration, but if I'm wrong, let me know before it's too late! These are: self-cleaning, all of the snazzy electronics, temp probe, all of the multiple oven modes (won't I have these on the wall oven?) except that I like the proof mode.

Love to hear any feedback that can help me tip the scales!

I am so thankful for this forum!

Comments (16)