SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
horton_gw

Dell laptop resolution problem

horton
13 years ago

My wife has a Dell Inspiron 1012 laptop computer that we purchased an external CD-ROM player for, since the laptop did not have it's own CD-ROM built in.

We installed a 'hidden object' game from a CD we purchased called 'Treasure Seekers' produced by by E.games onto the laptop computer via the CD-ROM player, only to find that the game does not fit the screen. We cannot see the 'buttons' that control the game. It would seem that the game display is too large for the laptop screen when'Full screen' is selected

On deselecting 'Full screen' mode,though the game display is smaller in size, the bottom portion of the game is totally distorted, it is just a jumble of elongated colored streaks where the games control buttons would normally be.

I installed the game on my desktop computer to see if it worked on a larger screen monitor and it came out okay, all the controls show up in the display and the game works fine.

The screen resolution on this computer is set at 1024 X 768.

On checking the Dell Inspiron 1012 laptop's display settings and found that the screen resolution is at 1024 X 600. The slider adjustment goes between 800 X 600 and 1024 X 600. Moving it down to the lower setting, only distorts the screen display and does nothing to change the game's appearance. There is no way to adjust it any higher.

Is there any way around this resolution problem or any other fix that would allow the game to be played on the laptop.

Thank you in advance for any assistance/advice you may be able to provide us.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm