SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buy1soon

I'm number one~thank you teresa nc7

Terri_PacNW
17 years ago

I got my swap package today.

And can I just say that Teresa couldn't have bought more perfectly for me and my family than if I had done it!

First off was the sweet note, explaining why she picked what she picked. She's Good...(did I say that already?) LOL

Okay on the left, the handmade item is a piece of Pottery. The little scalloped pie plate is beautiful. It's a signed piece. (I've never had a signed piece of anything!) It's extra special! And matches my kitchen perfectly. (see second photo)

The Cookbook is by Teresa's favorite Fictional Author. It's called Something Warm from the Oven; Baking Memories, Making Memories by Eileen Goudge. Chapters are: Coffee Cakes and Cupcakes, Special Occasion Cakes and Cheesecakes, Cookies and Bars, Pies and Tarts, Crisps, Cobblers and Puddings, Quick Breads and Muffins, Biscuits and Scones and the final chapter is Yeast Breads and Rolls.

The Local Item is a bag of Sweet Potato Muffin mix from a Mill near Teresa. The mix ingredients are actually milled at the Mill too.

{{gwi:1466663}}
Beautiful Pie Plate in My Kitchen

{{gwi:1466665}}
sidenote: my hubby is from North Carolina, and knows exactly where the Mill is, and he loves sweet potato things! So this package actually means something to him too.

Thank you so much Teresa. Everything is PERFECT

Comments (59)

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    17 years ago

Pie plate is beautiful, looks perfect in your kitchen, Terri! Nice going, Teresa! Great package! Enjoy, Terri!

Carol

• riverrat1
    17 years ago

That pie plate is to die for! It's perfect!

Great job Teresa! I think that is my next cookbook to purchase!

I think I have an IDEA of what I'm sending my swap buddy...

• Related Discussions

Happy Birthday Teresa NC7!

Q

Comments (24)
    I agree, the weekend sound perfect, except for that cleaning. Can't you get someone else to clean, after all, it's your birthday and it's the WEEKEND! Happy birthday. Annie
    ...See More

Happy Birthday teresa_nc7!

Q

Comments (32)
    Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes! I'm having a great day today! Woke up to a laugh-out-loud e-card from San and the day just got better and better from there. You should see my office! Black decorations hanging from the ceiling, dead flowers in a vase, and little gifts every hour on the hour from two of my friends here. Just got back from a delicious lunch out - Italian! Still have banana pudding from this morning's treat - and they keep reminding me that the day is not over yet. My mom called this morning and sang happy birthday to me. Last night I had dinner for my parents and my two sons. My boys take me out very often so I was happy to cook for them. Me....? I'm just happy to be here and to have lived this long. [the big 6-0 this year] Teresa
    ...See More

Happy Birthday Teresa_nc7!

Q

Comments (20)
    Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! We did start Saturday evening with dinner out with my two sons and my mom. This was after my boys helped me with some yard work. Tonight I'm going to my mom's for dinner and next week, I'll go out to dinner with some friends from work (too much going on to go this week). Then next month, a lovely birthday present for me, my mom and my youngest sister (we all have b'days in Sept.): a 4-day trip to Key West, FL compliments of my BIL and middle sister! We are all so excited! Teresa
    ...See More

Piece of Cake - Sept 17th - Teresa (Teresa_nc 7)

Q

Comments (31)
    Looks like the woodshed is in order for me! I totally missed your day:( I've put your block in the mail, along w/a consolation surprise. Please forgive my lapse - I'm SO in need of a retreat! I'm actually looking forward to being a passenger for 6 hrs - just let DH drive & stop to feed me once or twice (preferrably twice - & once where I'm waited on!) Hope your day was extra special! See you soon, ~Cindy
    ...See More
  • deanna1949
    17 years ago

Ooo, that's a fabulous swap package! Teresa, you did a terrific job of showing the rest of us how it's done. I'm looking forward to seeing all the creative packages that will be delivered soon. Terri, you lucky girl.

• Terri_PacNW
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here's a link to the Mill.

Lars the package says:
    Stone Ground by Old Mill of Guilford.
    Ingredients are: Unbleached Wheat Flour, Sweet Potato Flakes, Molasses Sugar, Buttermilk, Raisins, Spices, Baking Powder and Salt
    The recipe is
    1lb (half the bag) Muffin-cake mix
    2 eggs
    2 oz butter, margarine or oil (4 oz for extra richness)
    1 c boiling water
    Wow, I can get 9-12 large muffins per half bag or a 9x12 cake!
    It smells sooo good!

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Mill of Guilford

• dedtired
    17 years ago

Teresa really got us off to a great start! It's amazing that that pie plate matches Terri's kitchen so well. I love the chapters in that cook book. I'm trying to remember what Goudge has written. I know I've read her books.

Congrats, Theresa, for sticking to the three item rule!

Pam

• catlover
    17 years ago

I totally love the color of the plate. Great everything. It looks like you hit the nail on the head! ohh . . . the pressure is on. Happy swap. Adele

• compumom
    17 years ago

That's a great package! The mix sounds delish and make sure to share a recipe or two from the cookbook!

• dlundin
    17 years ago

Wow, what a great first package! Of course, I knew my TeresaNC would do a bang up job! In a previous swap, RuddMD sent me something from that same mill. Wonderful stuff. Good going, Terri! What a great match to your kitchen!

• Gina_W
    17 years ago

The first! Yay!

Great picks. I'm starting my shopping this weekend.

• maggie2094
    17 years ago

I love the color of the pie plate, too. Enjoy, Terri!

• debbie814
    17 years ago

Great choices! Terri, is the pie pie regular size or one of the smaller ones? I have a smaller one that I love since I am the only one that will eat pie in my family. The cookbook looks like a winner and I really love the color the pie plate. Enjoy your muffins or cake.

• netla
    17 years ago

Love the pie plate. Should come in handy for many other uses than just pie. The books looks interesting and the muffin mix sounds intriguing.

• teresa_nc7
    17 years ago

You are very welcome, Terri! I was very happy with my choices for this swap - but I didn't know that piece of pottery would fit in that well with her kitchen.

Terri had a wonderful idea: a thread to share recipes from the cookbooks we will receive in this swap!

• stacy3
    17 years ago

Wowie! I love everything! Teresa I can see why you were satisfied with your choices - the cookbook looks great and I love the signed pottery.

We want to see something in it Terri...:-)

Yea!!! Hang on - here we gooooooooooooo!

Stacy

• lori316
    17 years ago

LOVE it! That pie plate is just perfect.

What a great package, Terri. You sure got us off to a good start.

• msrevise
    17 years ago

I love that pie plate--that would look so good with a rustic apple pie in it, yum! What a great box. terri, what a fun idea to do a thread of swap recipes!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

You done good, Teresa! I'm also looking forward to seeing something in that pie plate, Terri. I bet it'll be fun to make those muffins, and then curl up to read that wonderful cookbook while munching on a muffin.

Sally

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

Terri...I love the cookbook! Sounds very interesting! I love the pie plate, too. The muffin mix sounds great. Great package!

Teresa...great job!!

• brenda55
    17 years ago

No. 1, yeah! The cookbook sounds great and I, too, love the pottery piece. Way to start us off, Teresa! I like the idea of the recipe thread from the swap cookbooks, too.

Brenda

• Lars
    17 years ago

Thanks for the info on the mill - the ingredients from the package sound really good. I've never seen an old mill like that, although I've seen old windmills. That's a great local item!

Lars

• lorijean44
    17 years ago

Let me jump on the bandwagon and say how beautiful I think that pie plate is, too!! Terri, I can't wait to see pictures of the first time you use it. I'm interested in the cookbook - I love stories interspersed with recipes. Is that how this book is set up?

Another pat on the back from me, too, Teresa!

Lori

• User
    17 years ago

I too love that pie plate! I also love how all three kinda go together. A very nice parcel and very Teresa.

Enjoy

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

Woo Hoo! Let the games begin!

And what a way to start us off, Teresa! That cokbook sounds like a real keeper! And I will chime in with the others that the pottery plate is just wonderful! It really does go nicely with your kitchen colors, Terri! How cool that your husband is familiar with the mill the muffin mix came from.

It's almost spooky how this package "fits" you!

Linda

• triciae
    17 years ago

Terri, I absolutely love that pie plate! The color is so wonderful for fall type pies like apple or pumpkin (or, heck...how about chocolate pecan?!).

I also love sweet potatoes so the mix wouldn't last long around here. I'll bet it's terrific coming from a local, small mill. Please let us know...

There's bound to something new & yummy to bake in your new pie plate from the cookbook...

Wonderful, thoughtful gifts, Teresa.

Tricia

• sheshebop
    17 years ago

I just love seeing the first swap package...it sets the stage for the rest of them. This is a very manageable swap, (although VERY hard to do...limiting yourself) Teresa, you did a very very good job. The pottery is beautiful, and your choices were perfect.

• andi_2006
    17 years ago

Wonderful selections, Teresa! That is a gorgeous pie plate, Terri. It's perfect for fall baking. Enjoy!

• granjan
    17 years ago

What a wonderful pie plate. Bet it makes an incredible crust. Sweet potato muffins sound very Southern. And I love baking books, that package is a winner.

• homesforsale
    17 years ago

I would say this is a wonderful package:)

Not That I am involved..But I am the biggest lurker:)

And I think you are lucky!

You all seem to know each other so well..

That is definitely a huge part of the equation in my mind..

I do think so...

• mustangs81
    17 years ago

One fine job Teresa! You have indeed set the standard and you are courageous to have gone first!

I go to the Old Mill of Guilford everytime I am in the area. It isn't large but it's fun. I bring home lots of mixes and of course...real grits!

Cathy

• jimtex
    17 years ago

Very nice Terri. I like it all and would love to try those sweet potato muffins. We should give a prize for the first box received. Good job Teresa

• Bizzo
    17 years ago

Wow! how wonderful, and cool, about the sweet potato mix. and I love handthrown pottery... the pie plate is WONDERFUL, and truly a work of art as well. Congrats, Theresa, on your restraint! The whole swap looks really wonderful... ymmmm... something warm from your oven... what a great "theme"....

• craftyrn
    17 years ago

oh good job Teresa-- you stuck to everything--that sure is a Fall color ! Love the shape of that pie plate .

Terri -- that sounds like a great book -- always nice being first . And fits your family so well .

Diane

• kent4489
    17 years ago

Terri, How nice! I love all those items. Teresa, You did very, very good.

Jayne (who misses being a swapper this time!)

• Terri_PacNW
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, I'm not sure who asked, way up there..but yes the pie plate is smaller than "normal". And I too am pretty much the only pie eater here, especially if it holds fruit. Hubby will eat berry pies and my oldest son will eat Pumpkin pie..Hubby adores sweet potato pie though, and he'll eat Pecan.
    Hmmmmmmm....
    About the book..I've only made it into the introduction.
    In a bit I'll sit down and start back at reading it.
    Didn't have anytime today at work..I brought it though, just incase! LOL

• lsr2002
    17 years ago

That's the perfect trio of gifts to make your home smell wonderful and your family enjoy treats. Can't wait to hear what you fill the pie plate with.

Lee

• arandygail
    17 years ago

What a great package. I love the pie plate. It is going to be such fun to see all of the beautiful, creative things that people send as their homemade item.

Gail

• Virginia7074
    17 years ago

Great package! Congrats to the swapper and swappee. I love the pie plate, muffin mix sounds yummy and the cookbook looks like a good one to curl up with on a crisp fall night like tonight. Enjoy!

• Terri_PacNW
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm into the first chapter now, and there is not a single recipe so far that will not get made in my house! I don't think that has ever ever happened! okay now back to the book...
    LOL

• chancesmom
    17 years ago

Wow how did I miss this since Thursday!

What a nice pie plate.....and sounds like she hit the nail on the head with that book!

nice going Theresa! Enjoy it Terri

Janet

• weed30 St. Louis
    17 years ago

Excellent package! I especially like the cookbook, which is funny, because I don't bake :)

• blueiris24
    17 years ago

What a wonderful package -- so thoughtful and special - I love that pie plate!

• coronabarb
    17 years ago

Terri, that pie plate is beautiful! And sweet potato muffins sound wonderful. I just had sweet potato fries for the first time a few weeks ago which were so good, so muffins should be good too...I never thought of using them for that.

• lowspark
    17 years ago

Great pie plate!! And the muffin mix sounds delish. Excellent package!!

• lindainct
    17 years ago

Lucky you to be the first and such a nice package.
    Looing forward to a yummy recipe.
    Linda

• annie1992
    17 years ago

Oh yum, sweet potato muffins sound delicious and I really like the color of that pie plate, it matches Terri's kitchen very nicely from what I can see.

Enjoy the package, Terri. I was one of Teresa's swap recipients in the past and she packs a darned fine box, that's for sure!

Annie

• finally
    17 years ago

Great job Teresa! How fun that Terri said she could have picked everyone of those items herself. You must be a good researcher! The pie plate is beautiful--and perfect for filling with comfort food this fall.

I wonder if there are more similar name pairings this swap...
    Ann & Annie?

• Terri_PacNW
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I made a half batch of the Sweet Potato Muffins into a Cake. Mmmmm it's so moist and just the right spice.

• traceys
    17 years ago

Congratulations on being #1 Terri >) I love that pie plate, it is so unique. Sounds like the sweet potato mufffin mix was a hit too.

What a way to start off the swap Teresa!

Tracey

• trixietx
    17 years ago

I love the pie plate and the cookbook sounds so interesting.

What a nice "first" swap package.

You did good,
    Teresa!

• lakeguy35
    17 years ago

I'm late to the party but congrats on being first Terri! Great pie plate and I'm sure there are some great recipes in that book. Teresa, as always, great box!

Oh, also, I love the idea of sharing a recipe from our cookbooks! Thanks for start that post over on discussions.

David