SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puffysmom

problem with game resolution

puffysmom
14 years ago

Hi. I have been trying to download games from several different game sites. I can do it but when i try to play the game i keep getting the black pop up resolution problem telling me to set my resolution to 1280x1024. the problem is it is already set at that resolution. If i change it it does not help and then i get the pop up for regular usage of my computer. I have been getting help from one of the game sites but they have run out of options. The last thing they told me to do was set my resolution from between 1280 and I forget the other number. There is a space that will not let me use. all i can get is 1152x864 to 1280x720. The numbers they told me to try to set it at is in between there but it just does not work. Today i got a email telling me it is probably the video card so i came online to see about replacing it and i get all kinds of so called free downloads for the video card. Some mention the NVIDIA. I already updated that the other day. I love playing games but not with that window popping up. If i make the window smaller then it does not pop up but then if i am doing one of the missing objects i cannot find most of them as it is to small. Course being older maybe it would not be so bad. Eyesight not being as good as it used to be. One thing i did notice is before i play the missing object game there is always a story and when that is being told it does not pop up. Just when i start playing.

Can anyone help me with this? A long cold winter coming up and i sure dont want to have to put up with that. I guess my question really is why would one download a new video card when it is just going to be in the same place as the one i have now is. I dont really understand how this all works. I know if one gets more memory u buy a memory card. Why not a video card and will it help with games or is it just for movies and such.

I sure hope you understand what i am trying to get across. Thanks so much for any help anyone can give me.

Verna

Comment (1)